Caurnie Angling Club
(News Clip From The Kirkintilloch Herald April 28, 1943)
SEVEN THOUSAND FRY RELEASED
A gift of two thousand Trout Fry was made by mr David Smith , the Hatcheries Bridge of Weir to the Caurnie Angling Club on Saturday.The club has ordered five thousand fry, and mr Smith who is a Lennoxtown man and learned his trade in the vicinity of Antermony Loch , sent along two thousand extra. Various club members were privileged to release some of the fry in the feeder burn during restocking on Saturday. It will be recalled that for every £25.00 raised by the club for re-stocking purposes one of the original members has undertaken to donate a similar amount.
Some rare pictures from 1962 of the Caurnie Angling Club stocking Antermony Loch from the original jetty ----- (Top Left) Families and friends turnout to
view the trout being released into the Boathouse Bay .(TopRight)
What an amazing picture of what could possibly be the original Lady Anglers of the club seen here with the committee members having tea in the Boathouse.
Pictures provided courtesy of East Dunbartonshire Archives, Copyright Cumbernauld News ,Kilsyth Chronicle and a special thanks to Sarah Chubb for the archive images and news reports
History of Caurnie Angling Club by
Club Secretary (Roger Hughes) Caurnie Angling Club Sub Editor (Stuart Malcolm) Antermony.com